[ExI] Religions are not the ultimate cause of war

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Oct 1 18:48:01 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 17:08, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> On 1 October 2012 17:27, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com
> <mailto:hkeithhenson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
>
>     "Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the
>     Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God.

> That's quite heretic, I suspect, from a traditional Satanist (ie,
> Satan's worship along the line of judaeo-crhistian mythology) POV.
>
> Too bad in their mimicking catholic stuff they do not have an
> excommunication procedure. :-)

Well, since it was Anton Szandor La Vey who said it, it is about as
close to the pope saying it. After all, he was the guy who founded the
Church of Satan.

(But they have had fun breakups and quarrels of course. Not sure what
the current state of the horned soap opera is.)

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute