[ExI] riots again

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Oct 3 01:20:20 UTC 2012

Il 02/10/2012 18:12, John Clark ha scritto:

> Good, your response was clear and unambiguous, then logically you must
> believe in one of 2 things:

> 1) Wanting Western Civilization to continue is purely selfish and ignoble.

Would you show your nobility offing yourself?
Because I don't think someone named John Clarke on Extropy list can be
anything than a product of Western Civilization.
Why so much self hating?

Anyway, I think the desire to live and improve is purely selfish and I
like it so. The ignoble part is in the eye of the beholder. I see
nothing ignoble about anyone's will to live.
Good Muslims, BTW, declare they love death as much we western love life,
so I always wonder the reasons they complain when the West try to lend a
hand about it.

> 2) Eliminating the oil from the Middle East will not cause the fall of
> Western Civilization, so the reason it tries so hard to "subdue the
> Middle East" remains a mystery.

It is not what you believe that determinate the actions of other. It is
what they believe that determinate their course of actions.
The future will tell who is right.

Elimination of oil will not determinate the fall of Western
Civilization, we can live using nuclear reactors (fission, fusion,
hybrid, LENR or whatever.)

Elimination of oil would not cause China/Japan/Asia to fall either, they
would do the same.

Elimination of oil will cause the fall of Islam.
Their civilization was sunsetting when the XX century started and what
prevented it was only oil. Without oil the entire MENA would be
insignificant, no more important than black Africa. If you take out the
oil, some archaeological site and some tourist resort, there is nothing
interesting. Iran most important exports, after oil, are pistachios.
If Morocco disappear there would be a spike in the price of saffron
(some catastrophic for Milan inhabitants, as it used to do their local
rice dish and they would be forced to use the much more costly but
higher quality south Italy saffron).
The only country disappearance affecting international trade would be
Israel as it is full of research centers, start ups and high tech
industries).

With no oil money, the MENA will not be able to import anything from
anyone. Their government are already at the limit of their financial
capability. They can not bribe their citizens for much longer just now.
Just a few places with little population could last, but the big
countries are clinging with tooths and nails.
No oil imply no food for the MENA. No food imports imply half of the
people must starve now. No money, no drugs. No money, no doctors and
nurses, nor engineers, no drivers, no housemaids, nothing.
No oil, just now, imply the total disintegration of all MENA in just a
few months

Mirco