[ExI] Leveraging temporary income

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Oct 4 00:28:29 UTC 2012

On 03/10/2012 22:49, David Lubkin wrote:
> My question is about *all* oil-rich jurisdictions. More generally,
> what can any society do with a temporary (years or decades,
> not longer) surge of cash to create a sustainable advantage?

Check out Norway. They are investing most of the money in big funds.
Some of the surplus is used for infrastructure - the country has some of
the most impressive bridges and tunnels imaginable (although the
muncipalities - who often lack money - skimp on lights in the lesser
used tunnels).

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute