[ExI] Reason for religions, was riots (Stefano Vaj)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:15:44 UTC 2012

On 5 October 2012 01:29, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ii) Be it as it may, "war-mode" is simply a restrictive view of what can
> be
> > more accurately and broadly defined as "aggression".
>
> I don't think so.  Aggression is mainly an individual behavior.  War
> is a group on group affair.

Whatever we may call it, I suspect that performance in electoral campaigns,
commercial competition, or football matches largely depends on the
activation of the "war-mode" switch. Exactly like cooperation, competition
and aggression exist both at an individual and at a group level and are
both plausible evolutionary and game theory strategies depending on the
circumstances.

--
Stefano Vaj