[ExI] riots again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:28:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012  F. C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com> wrote:

> You put that phrase in quotes as if I wrote it yet are misquoting me. You
> have removed the first words of my sentence and substituted your own words
> ('that the reason') and attempted to palm it off as a quote from me.

The words I removed are  "politicians are shocked shocked" which added
nothing, but you're right, I should have put the quotation marks 3 words to
the right, however it in no way changes the meaning of the quotation; the
meaning is that  "the USA has gone messing around in that part  of the
world causing all kinds of problems and getting a lot of people angry" is
the reason that "a few people decide that terrorism is the best path". How
else can one interpret it?

And I might add that  I did include your entire quote and do so again:

" Decade after decade the USA has gone messing around in that part of the
world causing all kinds of problems
and getting a lot of people angry.  Then the politicians are shocked,
shocked that a few people decide that terrorism is the best path."

 John K Clark