[ExI] no more riots again please, was RE: riots again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Oct 7 01:43:04 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] no more riots again please, was RE: riots again

On 06/10/2012 22:50, spike wrote:
>>...   Ask yourself WWAD: what would Anders do?  Can you even imagine that
> guy firing off an angry response, even if well-deserved, or even in
> direct response to an insult?  Neither can I.

>...I of course immediately tried to do just that to poke fun at you... and
I failed. The best I can do is a bit of snarkiness. -- Anders Sandberg,

Anders, ya just don't have mean in you pal, even if you try.  Consider Life
of Brian.  The crowds become convinced the messiah has come, but he doesn't
want to be that, so no matter what he does, it gets redefined as sinless and
perfect.  Can you imagine?  You get really pissed off, go try to
intentionally do something to make the faceless masses bugger off, such as
go into the temple and overturn the moneychangers tables.  Somehow even that
gets turned around, by the masses redefining the money changers as the ones
who were the sinners, so overturning their tables becomes the perfectly
righteous thing to do.

In truth, I have been reading ExI-chat for over 15 years, and in all that
time I have never seen you write a post in anger, never seen you insult
anyone, never seen a post from you that was not well-thought out.  So now
you can do no wrong, even if you do wrong, for it would merely redefine
wrong.

Fortunately this is a sophisticated crowd, so no one here will pray to you
or struggle to touch the hem of your garment hoping for healing.