[ExI] Consequentialist world improvement

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 21:20:13 UTC 2012

On 7 October 2012 07:48, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> So improvements need to be tailored to target countries and even to
> different social groups within countries.

Absolutely. But this probably emphasises the scope of the argument, since
the probability of anybody in my country or social group to be attacked by
an Afghani insurgent (especially if left alone!), in comparison with dying
of old age is indeed vanishingly small, so the billion euros spent in
playing the colonial troops for the ISAF can easily be argued from this POV
not to be the best investment thereof.

--
Stefano Vaj