[ExI] Problems of being an upload

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Oct 8 19:35:06 UTC 2012

On 08/10/2012 19:05, Keith Henson wrote:
> The uploaded life may not be as all that safe.

Yup. You will care about server uptime far more than normal people
(sysadmins will of course still be more extreme).

I lectured a bit with Natasha in Liverpool a few years back about the
hypochondria and real illnesses of uploads. Just because you are
immortal and free of the weaknesses of the flesh doesn't mean you will
consider yourself healthy - quite the opposite, I think.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute