[ExI] Consequentialist world improvement

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:38:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:08 AM,  Charlie Stross <charlie.stross at gmail.com> wrote

> One of these days I want to try my hand at writing a utopia. The first rule of thumb I have, though, is "no single system  ever works for everyone". Makes the job rather more complicated than if you can just wave a magic wand and have your minions bundle the annoying human obstacles off into concentration camps ...

RU: Do you consider yourself a utopian?

KH: No. I can't think of anyone who is up on evolutionary psychology
and related areas who is deluded enough to be called a utopian. I
think most of us consider staying out of ugly distopian states is
about as good as we can get — pre-Singularity, anyway. After that who
knows?

http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/02/05/a-reprint-of-an-interview-with-keith-henson-by-ru-sirius-2/

The cool thing about the web and search engines is that once you say
something and it gets indexed, you can find it and quot it when it
seems appropriate.

Eventually I could be replace with a rather small block of code and
continue responding long after being frozen.  :-)

Keith