[ExI] Computronium planet.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:04:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> optimized though). In a all-is-connected way, perhaps the tiniest
> particles in a far galaxy influence our thoughts here and now, in a
> sort of cognitive Mach principle.

I thought this was the gist of the holographic universe:  information
written on the 2d surface of a region of space-time (or all of
space-time) maps to the observed 3d/4d/etc space.  I think it's easier
to imagine a higher-dimension structure of information describing a
lower-dimensional structure for space-time - as much as imagining
high-dimension structures is easy.  However, for the sake of
expressing the holographic principle people are more likely to relate
with a "huge spreadsheet" object describing the universe than a much
more complex object that can't be found in nature.

I hadn't read about Mach's principle before; thanks for that.