[ExI] Alpha Centauri

Pete Nicholls peteni22 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:51:20 UTC 2012

It is important to remember that it will be trans-humanity, adapted and adaptable intellectually to the necessities of 'bleak airless rock', educated with that purpose as a foundation.

I'm not suggesting 'zombies but that there could be rewards of some other form, a virtual nirvana for part of the journey, cities named after them...on home planet and new...we all have our price.

The real point is that we should be educating for this now...not spending resources; both physical and cereberal on our, rather pitiful past. I love history, enjoy the built environment, wish to see continuity on earth but for all our exploration of this planet and ourselves we seem to have lost the risk of high adventure. Engendering the inquisitive spirit to 'seek out' and all that would focus purpose and be somewhat more exciting than the pseudo excitement generated by 'olympics', celebrity culture etc. The real job of the present interested parties is to get out there and promote and educate. Ideas like 'X' Prize are great but to tap the greatest resource we have; ourselves we need to push everything down the public education ladder to the bottom and grow it from there.

PeteN