[ExI] evidence that coursera has a sense of humor:

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 20 17:34:10 UTC 2012

Haaaahahahahahaaaa.  {8^D

Coursera offers free, online courses to people around the world, but if you
live in Minnesota, company officials are urging you to log off or head for
the border.

The state's Office of Higher Education has informed the popular provider of
<http://chronicle.com/article/What-You-Need-to-Know-About/133475/> massive
open online courses, or MOOC's, that Coursera is unwelcome in the state
because it never got permission to operate there. It's unclear how the law
could be enforced when the content is freely available on the Web, but
Coursera updated its Terms of Service to include
<https://www.coursera.org/about/terms> the following caution:

Notice for Minnesota Users:

Coursera has been informed by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education that
under Minnesota Statutes (136A.61 to 136A.71), a university cannot offer
online courses to Minnesota residents unless the university has received
authorization from the State of Minnesota to do so. If you are a resident of
Minnesota, you agree that either (1) you will not take courses on Coursera,
or (2) for each class that you take, the majority of work you do for the
class will be done from outside the State of Minnesota.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/wiredcampus/minnesota-gives-coursera-the-boot-cit
ing-a-decades-old-law/40542

{8^D

Heeeehahaaaahahaheeeeeheeheheheheheheheeee.  OK so I have a weird sense of
humor too.  I found that notice by Coursera hilarious.  {8-]