[ExI] 100 yr old on leno, was: RE: Severe Diet Doesn't Prolong Life, at Least in Monkeys

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 16:32:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM, spike wrote:
> Ja, I interpreted the comment as a gag.  Clearly it worked.  This lady has a
> real sense of humor.  I recently attended a friend’s mother’s 100th birthday
> party.  The centenarian was cheerful, alert and coherent, but never rose out
> of her chair.

Reminds me of the story about the old couple who went to see a lawyer
about getting a divorce.
The lawyer was shocked. "But you are 94 and your wife is 90! Why do
you want a divorce?"
The couple replied, "Well, we had to wait till the children were dead."   :)

As well as being a joke, it is a reflection on how attitudes to
divorce have changed from their generation.

BillK