[ExI] Transhuman

B.K. DeLong bkdelong1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 17:27:43 UTC 2012

Because, in my mind, the purpose of body modification within the definition
of transhumanism is that you are doing so to transcend present limitations
of the standard human body for the betterment of yourself beyond mere
cosmetic beautification.

I think to qualify as transhumanism, body mods need to pose a benefit, such
as a tattoo that gives a constant blood reading, removing a rib or two to
allow for better flexibility and contortionism, or going so far as leg
amputation for cybernetic limbs. Not just satisfy the subject's definition
(and perhaps a segment of society's) of beautification.

Thoughts?