[ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 21:16:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM, spike wrote:
<snip>
> There is a lot of work to do on this.  I worked out the orbit mechanics
> first, because orbit mechanics are easier and cleaner than the thermal
> models, and I know how to do those.  Now the hard work begins.
>
> Final shot: microprocessor technology moved a long ways since Robert wrote
> the above passages.  He didn't live to see a cell phone win a chess
> tournament against several masters and two grandmasters, without a charger
> and without phoning a friend.

I found a copy of Robert's paper on the Wayback Machine Copyright 1997-2000.
<http://web.archive.org/web/20080918090527/http://www.aeiveos.com:8080/~bradbury/MatrioshkaBrains/MatrioshkaBrainsPaper.html>

Although, as you say, it probably doesn't include later revisions, you
might like to store a copy.

BillK