[ExI] riots in the middle west, was: RE: equinox

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 24 14:40:09 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Grigg

>>.Of course all those countries in which the radical Mormons are known to
riot, the radical Mormons are rioting. spike

>.The real Joseph Smith would have at first lovingly scolded you for doing
such a thing, then forgiven you, next insisted you to join his family for
dinner. The Church leadership can airdrop them into any public relations
troublezone, within a mere 24 hours! lol  .John  ; )

Note to extropians: if you haven't met John Grigg in person, I do hope
someday you get a chance to do so.  He really is the way he writes, the real
deal, a tall glass of ice water in a scorching desert.

Johnny there you go again, killing us with kindness.  I do commend you sir,
you are the Green Beret of goodness, special forces of sympathy, the storm
trooper of tolerance, the SEAL team of beneficence, a true gift to soften
the sometimes harsh rhetoric that is seen in this wild wayward medium of the
internet.  I do confess I sometimes conflate Mormon with other groups known
to riot immediately after their weekly worship meetings in the suffering
war-torn Middle West, such as those wild Episcopalians.

At the same time, I do recognize that Mormonism is the only actual religion
(that I know of) represented even in small minority in Extropianism, if we
discount atheism and Flying Spaghetti Monster a religions.  You, Brent, and
perhaps some less vocal others have concluded that Extropian notions are not
necessarily antithetical to your chosen faith.  John, you have a gift.  Do
me a favor sir, don't ever change.  Or if so, change only ideas and not your
kindhearted disposition.