[ExI] riots again

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Sep 24 21:25:42 UTC 2012

On 24/09/2012 19:59, Charlie Stross wrote:
> Also note that Monty Python's "Life of Brian" was:
> * Banned by Norway

Which led to the classic Swedish ad slogan: "So fun it was banned in
Norway".

> We in the west are not as far removed from this shit as we like to think we are.

True, but the progress since then has also been fairly remarkable. And
that is pretty good news: societies can become more culturally laid back
over just a generation.

(The *opposite* may also be true, so we better work hard to retain
transparency and tolerance, of course. But it is not a hopeless struggle. )

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute