[ExI] riots again

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 24 23:26:05 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of Charlie Stross

>...* An attempt at private prosecution for blasphemy in the UK failed only
because the last previous blasphemy trial had more or less brought that law
into disrepute (it was finally abolished in 2008 but continues to be an
offense in Northern Ireland)

>...We in the west are not as far removed from this shit as we like to think
we are.

-- Charlie

Good chance that was the last attempted prosecution of blasphemy in British
history.  Keith Henson's prosecution might well be the very last successful
blasphemy prosecution in the history of western civilization.