[ExI] Question: Conference in San Francisco Venue Options

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Sep 25 23:11:12 UTC 2012

Try down in San Mateo. Adrian

Ja, or Monterey.  We have a low-budget engineering society that meets down
there regularly.  That's where I gave my MBrain pitch last fall.  It is low
cost, scenic, out of the mainstream, access to some cool stuff such as the
excellent Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row for Steinbeck fans, 17 Mile Drive
for those who for some incomprehensible reason like to gawk at rich people's
homes, golf courses and that kinda stuff.  You can still get up to SF in a
reasonable time if that is your thing, and you can go do the San Jose Tech
Museum, that kinda thing, tour the Silicon Valley internet Fly-by-nights,
stuff like that.  Monterey is where the Silicon Valley should have been
placed, but missed it by about 50 miles.

Monterey is about an hour drive south of the San Jose Airport.

spike