[ExI] riots again

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:29:36 UTC 2012

On 24 September 2012 18:00, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> The US military budget is more than the rest of the world put together.
> Neither Obama or Romney intend to reduce it. The future planned for
> America is to threaten the rest of the world and take what it wants by
> any means possible. As the dollar collapses the US won't be able to
> buy what it needs. Force will be the only alternative.

At the very least, military spending - in spite of its obvious consequences
on the US  deficit - delays and reduces the decline of dollar, so I suspect
that the "buying" and the "taking" strategies are converging anyway. :-)

But, yes, the "clash of civilisations" is a propagand myth. Let us say that
tomorrow the Atheistic Liberal Republic of Iran is put in place by a
revolution. Would the US really be happy should it become a nuclear
regional power? I doubt it.

--
Stefano Vaj