[ExI] riots again

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 27 13:52:05 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of Charlie Stross

>...http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/drones-wests-terror-
weapons-doodlebugs-1

>...Second hint: the US media are not covering what's actually going on out
there, because news of family parties of brown-skinned people being turned
into hamburger isn't good filler for selling advertising.  -- Charlie

Ja, Charlie, actually I disagree with your premise.  If the US news majors
had that footage, they would run it repeatedly, and would sell hamburger
advertisement on it.  News agencies survive on this sort of thing.

What I find puzzling is that there is a truly legitimate protest-worthy
practice happening on a regular basis, the robo-bombing, and yet they get
all tangled up protesting that which is really harmless as a kitten, some
silly boring video that no one saw until they called attention to it.  What
we have here is a failure to communicate: they could be protesting and
publicizing a war tactic which is illegal by our own constitution, and if so
probably get it stopped.  Yet they choose to protest and publicize that
which is fair game by our own constitution, which the US government is
completely powerless to stop.  By doing so, draw attention to that which
never would have seen the light of day, for the blammisphy video was so
boring and poorly done, even I couldn't get all the way thru the trailer,
never mind the entire silly video.  Not only will their protest fail to get
that behavior stopped, it will more likely get it to replicate wildly.

My question: why are the victims of robo-bombings are not getting on YouTube
and telling their story, rather than having someone else put them on YouTube
for rioting and murdering those who had nothing to do with either the videos
or the robo-bombing and can do nothing about either?