[ExI] riots again

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Sep 27 18:22:00 UTC 2012

Il 27/09/2012 19:22, Charlie Stross ha scritto:

> I don't feel the need to defend islam. Or christianity, or judaism.
> All those faiths harbour a bucketload of intolerant chuckleheads who
> want to force their beliefs on everyone else. However, to damn *all*
> muslims, christians, or jews as intolerant chuckleheads is to make a
> mistake of similar magnitude. The cure for intolerance is not more
> intolerance.

The cure for intolerance is to be intolerant with intolerant people and
tolerant with tolerant people.

Simply Tit-For-Tat or some variation of it.

In fact, the majority of Muslims, Jews, Communists and other assorted
creeds is not really intolerant of harmless behavior. The problem arise
when they are tolerant of harmful behaviors of some of their fellows.

The problem with Muslims is not they are all blood-thirsty savages; only
a few are. The problem is the great majority think the behavior of the
blood-thirsty savages is mandated, normal, acceptable and doesn't want
or is able to purge their ranks from the "small minority" and often side
with them against the outsiders.

This problem is not present with other large religions, as the "small
minority" inside them is often promptly rejected, ostracized, isolated,
disowned and fought as they show off their true colors.

Mirco