[ExI] riots again

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Sat Sep 29 17:18:31 UTC 2012

On 09/29/2012 09:24 AM, John Clark wrote:

> If true, if civilization depends on it, then the West has been engaged
> in a very enlightened foreign policy and I hope they continue.

To say the "West has been engaged in a very enlightened foreign policy"
is a statement that is simply absurd.   For example consider the USA and
the UK foreign policy for Iran in 1953.  Yeah that really turned out
great.  The USA was then in the position of supporting a brutal
dictator.  And why do you think things went so badly for the USA when
the Shah was overthrown?  Maybe because the USA was supporting a brutal
dictator.  And this great foreign policy then lead the USA to support
Saddam Hussein.  Yeah that was another brilliant move.

This is the Extropian list where it is assumed that list participants
have a clue about history in general and Extropian principles in
particular.  I am sure that the non-extropian, non-transhuman,
historically illiterate war mongers can find an email list where they
would be more content.

Fred