[ExI] Bitcoin

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 23:06:58 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

>From a theoretical perspective I feel torn. Bitcoin is a crypto-libertarian dream, a currency free from government control where you can invent new financial instruments with an afternoon of web-programming

I've followed Bitcoin since the beginning but only now I am beginning to take it seriously. Crazy though the idea seems, BTC seems to be becoming established as a hedge against the global economy. This recent price surge was caused by the crisis in Cyprus, evidently.

As a miner, one can in principle make some money while assuming relatively little risk. The costs are processor cycles, electrical power, and perhaps a few headaches. With prices climbing rapidly, this prospector is looking for an axe and shovel.

Gordon