[ExI] Bitcoin

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 12:52:30 UTC 2013

spike:

> This is a powerful argument... Gordon you have convinced me: bitcoin is not on the verge of replacing fiat currency.

Well, the idea behind bitcoin is that it can or should replace fiat currency. I think what you really mean is that I have convinced you that a digital currency that replaces what we now call fiat currency will still be a sort of fiat currency. I hope I'm wrong.

If I'm not wrong then another question comes up: is a  decentralized fiat currency created somewhat haphazardly by the people better than one  created by a central bank? Offhand I would think not, but it's a possible argument.

Gordon