[ExI] future of slavery

spike spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 9 15:11:30 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
Subject: Re: [ExI] future of slavery

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
>>... It is worth noting that even if the slaves are 100% happy with being
> slaves, they are very likely to be moral patients ...Anders

>...How do you classify so-called "proles" who know no better than to follow
their herd according to programming (either direct or memetic)... Mike

Now that's a prolist comment.  Some proles know better than to follow their
herd according to their programming, but choose that path, knowing they
choose it because of their programming.  Prolism is a failure to recognize
that our world is full of those who choose this life.  It overlooks the fact
that proles and animals are free.  Furthermore, never have we had it as good
as we do now.  So it is possible to simultaneously have a prole life and be
pro-choice.