[ExI] future of slavery

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 10 14:32:49 UTC 2013

Subject: Re: [ExI] future of slavery

On 2013-04-09 17:11, spike wrote:
>>... Prolism is a failure to recognize that our world is full of those who
choose this life.

>...I think this is very true. Thanks Spike for the neologism!  As
intellectuals we tend to overlook the value in other approaches to life.
Just because it makes little sense to us doesn't mean it lacks value or
meaning...  Anders

Anders, where I am going with this is that we lose sight often of how the
other half lives and thinks.  They don't make sense to us, but we don't make
sense to them.  Much of what we discuss here is downright immoral and
shameful to much of this world, even in western countries.  We tend to
overestimate the number of people like us, because our friends are like us,
and for the most part our colleagues are like us.  We lose sight of most of
humanity from where we are.

There is a reason why I kept the nickname spike for my online identity: I
didn't have it until I was already away from where I grew up.  I don't want
old friends and family seeing where my thought-space has taken me.  Already
when I go back for family gatherings or class reunions, they tell me I am
speaking with a foreign accent.  It is certainly a foreign way of thinking,
but accent?  What country?  Anders do I sound to you like I have a foreign
accent?