[ExI] proto-bitcoin

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 02:34:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> [...]

The difficulty with comparing the difficulty of mining a Bitcoin with the
difficulty of verifying a Bitcoin is that the difficulty of finding a
Bitcoin goes up. You see, the creator of Bitcoin was familiar with Moore's
law, and didn't want deflation in the face of increased computing ability.
So each year that passes, it is more difficult to mine a Bitcoin.

Granted, as the prime numbers you search get bigger, it gets more difficult
to find prime numbers, so your point may hold some water, however verifying
that it is a prime number also gets much harder, so the ratio doesn't get
much different.

The ratio for Bitcoin changes. The ratio for primes probably doesn't change
as much.

-Kelly