[ExI] Current uploading sales brochure?

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Tue Apr 23 20:18:20 UTC 2013

>> claims about performance were not well justified. I would definitely
>> prefer to work from more primary sources such as technical papers rather
>> than have to rely on other people's fiction.
> What do you want to know? Your earlier question about clocks to synchronize
> low-level stuff: you don't need clocks for that. What else?

Point 1: that seems to contradict, or rather be strongly incompatible
with the often repeated claim that "clock speed" was a variable that
could be tweaked or otherwise manipulated.

Point 2: All game engines I know, to the best of my understanding, are
strongly based on at least two critically important clocks:

     1. The sound system's sample-rate clock which dictates what voltage
to send to the speakers/headphones at each instant.

     2. The frame rate clock off of which the entire rendering engine
hangs...

If any of these clocks (both mentioned above and not mentioned) are not
perfectly synchronized with each other and the systems simulating the
brain, which also has a number of local and global synchronization
problems, then the subjective experience will suffer and the oft and
emphatic claim that it will be "indistinguishable from reality!" will
not hold.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.