[ExI] proto-bitcoin

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Wed Apr 24 15:47:06 UTC 2013

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> The problem with "virtual" is that it's encrusted with concepts
> likehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_machine
> and makes people ask nonsensical things about underlying
> operating systems or hypervisors. Instead, the mental model should
> more resemble FPGA state, evolving onboard. It still
> wouldn't be accurate, but it's a start.

That's one of the things that bugs me about your philosophy.

You are like "don't worry, computers won't be the ungodly monstrosities
of bloatware and legacy design in the future because all of computer
science will take a left turn and suddenly become elegant, robust and
operate on almost entirely new principles."

I'm sorry, that just doesn't hold water with me. I'm going to need to
see some papers/books/articles that are specific enough to convince me
that A, it will work, B, it will be useful, and C, it will happen.

Better yet, I would like some kind of physical artifact that I can (in
principle) play around with... (my computer generally doesn't do
anything I want it to except e-mail and sometimes web browsing...)

Failing either of those, I'm going to have to group you in with people
who believe in magic and rapture cultists. =\

Furthermore, you will have to show how your proposal is either
compatible or incompatible with the selling points uploaders typically
trumpet.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.