[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:46:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
<snip>
> So, an uploaded idiot would quite probably evolve over time into something
> not quite so idiotic.

Sorry, but I must have missed the memo that said that only nice guys
would be uploaded.  :)

If upload increases human abilities, then it will increase evil
abilities as well as good abilities.

In fact, if uploading starts off being very expensive then it is
likely that billionaire psychopaths will be first. And they will set
about consolidating their virtual power empire before the competition
arrives.

If we consider some sort of filter and fix system during upload, then
the resulting uploaded intelligence could be very different and
probably not what the original would like. And who would decide what
needed fixing and by how much?

It's a job for your friendly superhuman AI!

BillK