[ExI] Digital identity

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat Apr 27 08:02:07 UTC 2013

On 27/04/2013 04:43, Alan Grimes wrote:
> Anders Sandberg wrote:
>> Reward/benefit to *whom*? This is one of those tricky indexical
>> situations, where depending on your definition very different systems
>> matter and even the kind of benefit they gain differs.
>
> It's only tricky because you are trying to wring the wrong answer out
> of the logic.

And you know the right answer because you do not care to check any
alternatives.

In this case I am, if you haven't been noticing, not even arguing for a
single position but trying to explain what the problem is. I certainly
have my own view and presented it, but my main point is that personal
identity is regarded as a deeply problematic concept by more or less
everybody who has professionally studied it.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute