[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 12:01:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> I have been pondering why it is that qualia is (are?) difficult to
> understand, and I now have the insight: it is because there are no
> equations.

I gave up on "qualia" a while ago.  I assume at this point that it's a
particular shade of red unicorn.

Watching conversation about qualia is painful.  It's like asking high
school physics students to disassemble objects to retrieve the center
of gravity from them.  Very involved processes to "find" the center of
gravity are devised.  Complex cutting is employed to slice away
everything that isn't the center of gravity.  Extremely sensitive
scales are used to weigh each candidate.  In the end everyone is angry
but nobody can find it.

I do appreciate that 'quale' is homophonic with 'quail' because
homophones are generally amusing.