[ExI] epic fail videos save lives

spike spike at rainier66.com
Mon Apr 29 18:23:47 UTC 2013

OK so we know how the big evil internet is how bad guys learn how to make
improvised destructive devices, and we know how pretty much any video which
starts out with "Don't try this at home" will result in undetermined numbers
of injuries and fatality in those who tried this at home.  But what of the
flip side of that coin?  I do sheepishly confess I am a fan of Epic Fail
videos, YouTubes of (mostly teenage male) drunken fools doing stunts that go
seriously wrong, usually preceded by commentary such as "Hey y'all, watch
this shit."  Then the silly prole ends up in the hospital or mortuary.  Yes
I know it is not PC to laugh at them, but I would argue that laughter is
mostly involuntary so I couldn't help it at all, and besides it was their
drunken buddies who put thing on YouTubes.  I am just the innocent victim
who watched them.

In any case, I might argue that Epic Fail videos have saved untold injury
and fatality, for the younger set watches that and can see that these failed
stunts hurt.  They might get an painless education in all the reasons to not
do the kinds of stuff they see on Epic Fails.  So in that sense, Epic Fail
losers at least are doing a public service in educating the rest of the
proles in what can happen.

Thanks Epic Fails.  Your pain and suffering is not in vain.