[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

spike spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 30 20:22:33 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Brent Allsop
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:37 AM
To: Stathis Papaioannou; James Carroll; ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Digital Consciousness .

>.Thankfully, it looks like lots of people are starting to get it.  Spike is
clearly getting it.

Damn, I'm slow.  It took me at least a dozen years to figure out what this
concept is about.  That tells me the language describing it somehow needs to
be augmented or overhauled.  I don't know how.  Keep the critical term
qualia and quale, then let us try to figure out alternate ways to define the
terms.  And somehow or another, we need to inject some kind of quantitative
measure, just so those of us who lean heavily on that particular crutch will
feel comfortable.