[ExI] Fukushima now officially an emergency

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:29:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM, John Clark wrote:
> I thought it might be interesting to see how Fukushima compares with the
> number of deaths directly associated with some non-nuclear power plant
> accidents. I am not counting long term effects that cause deaths by
> pollution or global warming that everybody is so worried about:
>
> In 1975 the Shimantan/Banqiao hydroelectric Dam in China failed and killed
> 171,000 people.
> In 1979 the Morvi hydroelectric Dam in India failed and killed 1500 people,
> In 1998 a oil pipeline in Nigeria exploded and killed 1078 people.
> In 1907 the Monongah Coal Mine in West Virginia exploded and killed 500
> people.
> In 1944 a liquified natural gas factory exploded in Cleveland Ohio and
> killed 130 people.
> In 2011 the Fukushima nuclear power plant melted down and killed nobody.

<http://www.waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/the-death-toll-comparison-breakdown.html>

Worldwide car accident deaths per year c.1.2 million

Worldwide malaria deaths        per year c.1.2 million

Worldwide suicides                  per year c.800,000

Worldwide murders                  per year c.550,000

etc.....

BillK