[ExI] test for bogus googles, was: RE: phony google

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 7 23:41:13 UTC 2013

Ja that occurred to me too: websites change, so I assume Google is
constantly updating.  There might be system settings and filters which
spring into action whenever they see the words "latex" and "chicken"
together for instance.

I am open to counter suggestion on how to detect a Fauxle.

>.I did these queries twice - logged in to my Google account with Chrome and
with a Chrome incognito session. The results between the two didn't vary,
but 3 of the queries varied between my results and yours:.

Ja that occurred to me too: websites change, so I assume Google is
constantly updating.  There might be system settings and filters which
spring into action whenever they see the words "latex" and "chicken"
together for instance.

I am open to counter suggestion on how to detect a Fauxle.

I entered this line into Google:  How do I know this is a genuine copy of
google?

It wouldn't answer.  Just gave me:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/emulab-admins/crQcez94Q_w

It kept changing the subject to genuine copies of Windows 7.  Now I am
suspicious.  I must have a bogus copy of Google, and it knows I am onto it.
It is giving me evasive answers.

I googled: How do I know you are really Google?

It gave me:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/05/15/hands-on-with-google-hangouts-google
s-new-beautiful-messaging-app-that-doesnt-really-unify-anything/

I Googled:  Not windows 7 stupid, YOU!  How do I know YOU are genuine
Google?

It went off talking about Google chromebook:

http://gizmodo.com/5986031/every-reason-not-to-buy-the-google-chromebook-pix
el

I have sooo busted this sleazy impostor, posing as Google!