[ExI] phony google

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 03:38:59 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> How does "download Tails and run it off write-protected USB stick
> or boot from CD sound like"?

My first thought on "Tails" is that it's Sonic the Hedgehog's sidekick.
Without assistance from the Internet, I have no idea where I'd go to get
what you are talking about.  I don't know how to write-protect a USB
stick.  I know what a CD is and could probably dig through the box of old
hardware to find a burner... but without the image to burn I've got nothing.

tbh, that's the way it should be.  You likely wouldn't have secrets if you
made it possible for anyone to walk into the inner sanctum and have a
look.  So instead if I am intent on joining you (Eugen) on the darknet, I
should have to convince you to grant me the knowledge and teach me to use
the tools of your trade.  Isn't that how a trust network is supposed to
work?