[ExI] God's God

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:19:33 UTC 2013

On Aug 24, 2013 1:15 PM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > What do you think causes consciousness?  (Hint: the entire universe is
conscious)

> I'll need a hell of a lot bigger hint than that!
>
>   John K Clark

Then I would say:  the universe is material; you know this.  Yet you
perceive.  Animals seem to as well.  The paradox of consciousness is
resolved by the fact that we have emerged from an evolving gradient of
universal consciousness, that matter has as much consciousness as its
informational constituents, that we are a sum consciousness of electron
transfers around myriad atomic nuclei, that 'Gaia,' and every integrated
system, is conscious, and that this is the ONLY rational view for a
scientist.  Everything else is anthropocentric garbage.