[ExI] speed of light at the speed of light

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Aug 25 09:56:10 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-24 06:41, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Gordon <gts_2000 at yahoo.com
> <mailto:gts_2000 at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com <mailto:atymes at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Also, for any real case, you have finite acceleration over finite time.
>
>     I suppose so, but we are talking theory here. I can accelerate for
>     an infinite amount of time such until I reach c in the limit.
>

> The fact that the universe has a finite life span might be inherently
> related - i.e., it makes no sense to talk about accelerating over
> infinite time, because infinite time never exists.

How do you know it has a finite life span? In fact, current cosmological
models suggest expansion forever.

I think it is an open question whether infinite anything can exist. I
have not seen IMHO any sufficiently convincing arguments for or against it.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute