[ExI] Luna Ring Solar Power

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 00:40:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

>  On 2013-11-30 13:45, giorgio gaviraghi wrote:
>
>  we don't need centralize solar farms. Each building will carry its own,
> same with roads that will power the vehicles
> we must decentralize power generation get rid of power lines, stations and
> so on
>
> I'm on the record stating that PV panels on every roof is a really bad
idea because of the infrastructure requirements for every building. DC
power doesn't travel very far efficiently, so you can't distribute the
infrastructure easily. It is not the cost of solar panels that kills you,
it is the cost of the inverters and other electronics to convert to AC.
Very costly stuff.

> If you want to really help mankind, invent a really good (large capacity,
> many cycles) rechargeable battery. The rest is easy.

What do you think of this one Anders?
http://bit.ly/1cevY1Y

-Kelly