[ExI] Drinking Dinosaur Pee

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Dec 3 22:47:28 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-03 19:41, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> This is very well researched and documented. It has a lot of
> interesting numbers in it that in my experience are difficult to come by.
> http://what-if.xkcd.com/74/
> Thought this group would enjoy it.

Indeed.

I have been thinking of writing up an approximate visualisation of where
atoms formerly part of me have ended up. His point about residence time
is interesting: my formerly internal water molecules are mostly found in
the upper layers of the ocean and as a very thin layer on glaciers, they
have not yet had the time to get mixed into the deep ocean. In the
atmosphere they are fairly evenly mixed, with a slight north-south
gradient.

I like soft drink manufacturing. I read a few textbooks and liked the
engineering. Especially the challenges of making opaque soft drinks
(neutral buoyancy suspensions that are stable and have a narrowly
defined size distribution and no bad effect on the drinker).

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute