[ExI] "Law of the Crypto Coin" proven by new data point?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue Dec 17 17:49:03 UTC 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Mirco Romanato wrote:

> Il 17/12/2013 17:33, Tomasz Rola ha scritto:
>
> > If anyone seriously considers there will be time (say, a year or three
> > from now) when current US debt could be paid off by sum of 14BTC (or make
> > it 1400 if you will) donated by some benevolent owner, I'd like to hear
> > about it. I'm not ruling this out completely, but it sounds rather
> > ridiculous to me, right now.
>
> Who would had think one loaf of bread in 1923 Wiemar would be worth more
> Marks than all Marks existing in 1919?
>
> I'm not in the "Law of Bitcoin" camp, but what you say happened before
> already.

I consider hyperinflation an extreme case. In such case, perhaps one could
have paid current US debt by selling some well located 5-bedroom house (or
a loaf of bread). If "Law of Bitcoin" requires extreme cases to work, I am
not going to invest in this. Outcomes of extremes are too unpredictable
and I don't like it. Extremes do happen from time to time, but I don't
want to make bets based on some extreme going to happen.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola