[ExI] "Law of the Crypto Coin" proven by new data point?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Wed Dec 18 16:51:15 UTC 2013

Hi Kelly,

That is interesting to see this max valuation, but I think the leading
crypto currency could go way beyond this, simply because of the hording
factor. USD is a very poor investment, because of inflation, and is only
used because of it's safety.  Also, China hoards it so they can keep
their exchange rates low, but that is a different story, and they are
about to pay for that Bigtime.  But people will want to hoard and invest
in Bitcoin, much more so than USD, simply because it will be a
significantly better investment.

Many People still think that Bitcoin is way more risky, so will stay in
USD for way to long.  But volatility does not equal risk. If, every
Bitcoin valuation valey is an order of magnitude higher than the
previous one, in less than a year, and if Bitcoin has less chance of
default than USD, it is a way safer AND a way better investment by any
measure except volatility.  People just still place too much value on
stability, and they will pay for such dearly.  Not smart.

Brent Allsop