[ExI] Nootropics and Anders

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 10:40:36 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Anders Sandberg wrote:
> The stickiness is exactly what I like: while I have wasted mornings
> correcting People Who Are Wrong On The Internet or doing elaborate
> simulations of obscure physics, it also helps me finish projects and writing
> I would otherwise get distracted from. I doubt I fulfil any clinical
> criteria for ADHD, but the normal human flightiness - especially if you are
> creative and interested in plenty - is something that it is useful to
> sometimes temporarily tune down.
>
> I usually explain to students that smart drugs do not make you better at
> time management. Or give you any new information.

You mean I can't take a tablet and change into a combination of
Superman and Jesus??????
Well, who'd ave believed it!   ;)

It seems obvious that if you enhance your brain processor then you
will enhance all the bad features as well as the good features. How do
you make yourself twice as intelligent, but only think good thoughts?

Luckily I am almost perfect already. I just have a few teensy weensy
peccadilloes to worry about.
(I keep them in a hutch in the back yard, but they don't upset the
neighbours).  :)

BillK