[ExI] Where are they? was Re: 2^57885161-1

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:23:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
<snip>
> Expansive life doesn't just gaze, it visits. And changes
> stellar system in its wake.

Exactly!  So why are we still here? (As the universe is billions of years old).

What we see tells us that advanced civs are not expansive and don't
change stellar systems.
(You seem to be hung up on insisting that advanced civs will behave
like viruses. What is intelligence for, if not to control
over-breeding?).

Your theory seems to be like saying there must be a monster hiding
under the bed or in a cupboard. We can't see it, but just you wait,
any minute now it is going to leap out and grab you!  :)

BillK