[ExI] insanity plea

spike spike at rainier66.com
Sun Feb 24 23:26:21 UTC 2013

Subject: Re: [ExI] insanity plea

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
>>...Just
> the discussion of the possibility of restricting gun ownership to the
> mentally ill would compel the mentally ill to refuse to seek treatment
> for fear that they could lose the ability to purchase a firearm.  With
> that would soon likely go their voting rights and any possibility of
gainful employment.

>...Indeed.  This is a core problem with many attempts to put certain other
people in a special negative class.  The average person can either be
classified - with no real benefit if the classification is correct, and huge
consequences if the classifier messes up - or not classified - in which case
it's the same as if they had a correct, positive classification...

Something I have never heard of but should be available somewhere is the
option of mental health care with complete anonymity.  Could not a person
see a psychologist under an assumed identity?   This would not apply to a
psychiatrist who can deal out medications.  The patient would pay their
bills in cash and never tell the psychologist who they really are.  Does
something like that exist somewhere?  Seems like an obvious solution.  It
would free the patient to tell the psychologist anything, since they needn't
fear losing rights in the future.