[ExI] AI through human homogeny?

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Sat Jan 5 01:28:21 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se>

 >Sounds like an adaptation on of Stanislaw Lem's "One human minute">http://english.lem.pl/works/apocryphs/one-human-minute

Yes looks like it may be the basis of the film.

>You mean taking their sensory and mental experience and then using it to
>ground the AI? It would be about 799,086 yeas of experience: I think
>that would be more than enough to ground an AI into understanding humans >quite well.

Yes. My bad the BOE calculation was mistakenly for one second, not one minute. 800k years would surely be plenty enough!
For argument sake if it were the 1 second equivalent experience of 200+ years. This seemed like a fairly nice figure for me as roughly 50% of humanity in the dataset would be asleep
giving roughly one human lifetime of 100 years (although that doesn't account for sleep in that single lifespan, so really its two lifetimes)

>Surely. I think as we move into the world of not just Big Data but also
>Big Sensing we are going to get ever more impressive snapshots of the
>world and ourselves to learn from.

No doubt.