[ExI] US to become 'net energy exporter' (fwd)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 03:45:41 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
> >
> > First, being Al Jazeera, your mileage may vary... Of course, they SHOULD
> > be the best place to get news about oil...
>
> Actually, from what I have understood, AJ until 2011 have been owned by
> monarch of Qatar, a quite close US ally. So indeed, mileage etc. Myself, I
> am not shy to learn other people's views. Otherwise, how am I supposed to
> understand this mad world? In this case, however, I'd say they are kind of
> Arabian CNN. Or maybe Fox. Not decided yet. Maybe it's all the same.

I'm not shy either, but they have given air time to terrorists... not my
favorite people, damn Amish anyway.

> > more vigorous contributor to global warming (10x to 20x), it also breaks
> > down in the atmosphere over time, while CO2 does not. So it is a shorter
> > term issue than CO2, and the overall contribution is less impactful.
>
> But, whatever breaks does not disappear. In case of methane, from what I
> have read, either it breaks into CO2 and H2O (a steam is said to be even
> more potent g-gas, but at the same time I somehow cannot find too much
> about it, for whatever reason) - or it reacts with some other compounds,
> producing things like chloroform, carbon tetrachloride and few others
> (most or maybe all of them, AFAIK, not neutral to health). So one way or
> another, it is not very cool to emit this.

Again, H20 falls out of the atmosphere, I believe it's called
precipitation...

To me a key reason that CO2 gets all the bad press is because it is
directly tied to our use of fossil fuels, and that is closely correlated to
capitalism, and as all environmentalists know, capitalism is bad. Of
course, in countries that become rich, they tend to pollute less, but let's
not confuse the issue with facts.

> But chemistry is very far from my home base so I may be wrong. Or idiot.

It is hard to say anything in this area and not be attacked by someone.

-Kelly