[ExI] Who are the libertarians?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 15:24:13 UTC 2013

On 1 July 2013 20:30, Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Many transhumanist now are closer to liberal views than libertarian ones.

Or to neither one.

I have always found very narrow and biased, not to say parochial, the US
idea that "libertarians" and "liberals" are the two universal, eternal
archetypes splitting humanity at a political, ethical, anthropological
level.

This reminds me of an Irish joke, where a bloke introduces his Thai
girlfriend to his grandmother, and she whispers on the side "Why, is she
catholic or protestant?". "But, Grandma, she is a Buddhist!". "OK, fine,
but a catholic Buddhist or a protestant Buddhist?". :-D